Due to my recent use pattern storage system (lying at the back of my sewing table), this pattern was in view whilst I was trying to:
A)Work out a "key piece" so that my daughter's work wardrobe would fit in the pattern review mini wardrobe requirements, - my late start to this work wardrobe has the silver lining of making my time frame eligible for the contest.
B)Use the quite inadequate- for-a -garment remnants of my lovely grey Viyella. This was a gift to me from Marji at Stichers Guild (now off sailing with a broken blog link), and I wanted to use every bit.
The pieces were of the horrid size where there is too much to call it a scrap, but too little for an adult garment. I did not quite have enough fabric to make the bolero according to the pattern. With piecing, and a slightly shorter sleeve, I had the outer sections, but with no stretch of the imagination nor fabric could I manage the facing in the Viyella.
I decided to fully line the bolero instead, and used one of the blouse fabrics, as in a traditional woman's suit jacket.